[PD] Internal pd problems...or features ?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 23 20:16:33 CET 2002

By coincidence I just hit the same problem (a) last night.  I wonder
if I had some reason for doing it that way...?  Anyway, I've tried putting
the calls in the more natural order, in text_setto() (g_text.c):

	    	/* normally, we just destroy the old one and make a new one. */
    	    glist_delete(glist, &x->te_g);
    	    canvas_objtext(glist, x->te_xpix, x->te_ypix, 0, b);
	    	/* if it's an abstraction loadbang it here */
	    if (newest && pd_class(newest) == canvas_class)
    	    	canvas_loadbang((t_canvas *)newest);
    	    canvas_restoreconnections(glist_getcanvas(glist));

So far it seems fine.

as to (b) I don't know what's wrong; sounds like something's getting
overwritten somewhere.  Anywhere (after the t_pd header) in your object
struct you can put items which are themselves "structs".  You can also put
pointers; just make sure you have something to point to of course...

cheers
Miller