[PD] It really works!,,and laptops

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Wed Jan 23 20:48:55 CET 2002

I read:
> Anyone bought a laptop recently & running PD smoothly under Linux?

I do, vaio z600tek (european) and an old toshiba p120 (at 22khz it's
ok to experiment or ginving it some simple tasks to handle via netsend)

on the vaio basically everything works even the winmodem, see
http://lo-res.org/~x/vaio.txt
only drawbacks are ymfpci soundcard kind of chooses it's interrupt per
buffer on the fly and 90% of the pci devices seem to be hardwired to
IRQ9, looking forward to the final release of the rme pcmcia && linux
driver.

of course I can enter the (somewhat crippled) bios

cheers

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)