[PD] It really works!,,and laptops

David Plans Casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 23:23:49 CET 2002

> Anyone bought a laptop recently & running PD smoothly under Linux?

Running pd 0.34-3 rpm for RH 7.2 on Dell Inspiron 2500. After some grief
with building an X server which would work with the intel 810 chipset, got
kernel patches (botha) and started up. This particular chipset is
diabolical with sound also; finally had to buy OSS license for it. I hear
other Dell laptop models (later ones) have stopped using it, so maybe more
luck there. In all, after the initial hurdle, it runs great; it even likes
usb midi...now I just have to get rid of Dead Rat and try demudi...

btw, has anyone put up any comments/suggestions on pd/demudi after Havana?

DC

david casal                   --0+
    ---
d.casal at uea.ac.uk             --9+