Scheme / Re: [PD] permutations

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Jan 25 14:55:34 CET 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> P.S.: I have to admit that I prefer a text based approach to solving
> problems like this, as I find it more comprehensible to read
>
>   for (i=max;((i > 0)&&(!found-first)); i--) ...
>
> than to clutter the patch with int and +1 and trigger and until boxes
> just in order to implement a simple loop. That's probably, why I made
> code externals and after a while switched to James Mc'Cartneys
> "pyrite" object for Max (some sort of programming language with
> embedded text editor in a max object) before more or less ending the
> Max business altogether some 6 years ago. But that's probably poison
> for a pd-list =:-)

I too, find that graphical programming is the wrong tool for things like
this. Can you tell more about pyrite? I have never used Max.

I have made an extern that lets me write externs in Scheme for cases like
this. It's at http://www.westnet.com/~lt but needs some work. I'll try to
post a new version soon.

But, I would like to know what similar things Max has, out of curiosity.

Larry Troxler