Scheme / Re: [PD] permutations

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Fri Jan 25 17:59:31 CET 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Larry Troxler wrote:
> Hi Guenter,
>
> I hadn't really thought of using the shell external, because I assumed it
> would be too slow for handling real-time message processing. Could I be
> wrong?
>
> Larry

Hi,

Yes, it is true that shell isn't specifically fast, it  depends on what
you are using it for, i.e how fast your metro is.

Additionally I have planned an extension to shell,
where the inlet is basically used to pipe commands to your script, then
you don't have to start the interpreter everytime you want to execute
something.

Another advantage of shell is that it will play very well with
multiprocessor systems, because it's asychronous.

Guenter