[PD] PD+Csound related questions

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Sat Jan 26 06:12:16 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 22:37, Nicolas Lhommet wrote:
> - Which are the licensing issues if someone wants to reuse some csound
> source code to port an opcode to Pd as an external ? (what exactly are those
> "licensing clashes" ?)

The original csound code is under a educational+personal use only
license. It is not GPL compliant, nor does it come close to matching to
Open Source Definition(TM).

There are "clean room" implementations of most of the interesting csound
opcodes that were made as part of the now defunct Quasimodo project.
These were salvaged from Quasimodo and turned into LADSPA plugins. I
don't remember who did this, but any decent LADSPA plug in collection
will include them.

> - Is someone here working on this kind of  pd 'csound~' external project ?

I think it might be more interesting to make csound and pd interface to
JACK. No Windows version of JACK, however. Then there's also that
control-stream vrs. audio-stream issue.

--
(jfm3)