[PD] buzz opcode

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sat Jan 26 11:34:24 CET 2002

jfm3 hat gesagt: // jfm3 wrote:

> There are LADSPA plugins for many of the csound opcodes. I'm pretty sure
> buzz and gbuzz are in there.

Now that you said it, it dug out my old q2ladspa distribution, which indeed
also tried a port of ugens4 and the included buzz opcode. Unfortunatley I
cannot get this to work as a LADSPA plugin. Compilation of q2ladspa yields
a lot of errors and although some opcodes work, ugens4 does not. I cannot
find a new version of q2ladspa, even the link on www.ladspa.org is broken.

Krzysztof, q2ladspa is a try to semi-automatically generate code out of
the Csound opcodes, like you suggested. Paul Barton-Davis seemingly did a
lot of work to make Csound parseable, maybe that could be helpful for PD
now.

Regarding this csound~ object available for Max/MSP, I'm not sure if
that would be that helpful. As I said, I miss some opcodes, but really I
don't miss orc+sco files, no I don't.

bye,
--
                                                 __    __