[PD] Redefining help behavior?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Jan 27 16:21:42 CET 2002

Hello, I'm trying to clean up my pd-scheme library a bit, and would like
to implement the canvas help.

The problem is, from the point of view of PD, I have a single extern
where the first argument tells scheme which scheme extern to make. So I
was hoping that I could get the help action to look up the help file
according to this first argument and not just the class name.

Looking at the sources, I am not sure how to do this, or even if this is
designed to be possible. I am thinking that in my setup I would reset
the help method for my class, but this won't work because my help action
would need access to the object and not just the class.

I guess the answer is that this goes against the design of PD, but I
thought I'd post this in case there's some ideas or I'm overlooking
something.

Larry