[PD] buzz~ external 0.2

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 28 11:29:40 CET 2002

Hi all,

I did write my first external for PD, ta-dah. Well, in fact, most of it
is a verbatim copy of Miller's phasor~ code, which I didn't even fully
understand.

Nevertheless, here's the buzz~ opcode as discussed earlier, now in C.
This leads to greatly improved performance compared to the clumsy fexpr~
implementation posted here before. Still I'm sure, one could make buzz
a lot faster, as my code has no optimizations at all. Normally I'm more
this Perl-Python-Web type of coder and I don't have any experience with
C, so I would highly appreciate any comments, tips and tricks.

I have no idea and I can't check, if buzz~ would compile on Windows, but a
linux makefile is included.

Greetings,
--
                                                 __    __