[PD] buzz opcode

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Jan 28 18:48:15 CET 2002

hi,

catching up with mail after weekend, I would like to clear up
this one:

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> > ...fotzsyzrkFILLkrz...
> > ...zrkFILLkrzysztof...
> Now seriously: How is crossfading two arrays done? I understand the
> harmonizer, "fotzsyzrkFILLkrz" does mean a tape running backwards?

Indeed, it was not very helpful...

Even if it looked like, I did not mean retrograding (as in
a sampling technique of two-way crossfade looping of a single
sample), but simply crossfading any two different waveforms.

This was kind of a general remark: if there is a periodic
discontinuity of a signal source (like filling a table once
a control period), then a declicking/smoothing method would
be to use two copies of a source and a flip-flop crossfading
scheme similar to that of a simple double-headed harmonizer.
Not useful, if there is an opcode (like your external or
former abstraction) with continuously modifiable parameters,
of course.

And yes... the most efficient, and reliable way in this, like
in many similar cases, and very often the most straightforward,
is to make an external (also in a permutation case discussed
in another thread).

Krzysztof