[PD] [CALL FOR ACTION] about worms and virusses

Norbert Math math at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jan 29 13:44:09 CET 2002

hello,

as you have noticed, the myparty worm made its way to the pd
mailing list despite the virus scanner i have installed -
the virus was sent out before i got the new virus identification
from sophos.

because obviously the idetifications are released after
a worm spreads in the wild a virus scanner can not offer
much security when new species are coming out.

therefore i kindly ask you to a less exploitable program
then outlook - if you use outlook your security updates may still
come too late as it was the case with my mail scanner ...

norbert