[PD] Dev question

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 29 17:25:24 CET 2002

Sorry, you can only do that with great difficulty (build your own
auxilliary "proxy" object that the inlet passes all messages to.)
In general, the "inlet" idea was to use inlet position to specify functionality.
However, for some objects like Max-style gate, you really have to do the
proxy object thing.

Note that "float" is equivalent to a list with one element, so you may
have trouble disambiguating the two even in the rightmost inlet in some
cases...

cheers
Miller