[PD] [CALL FOR ACTION] about worms and virusses

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Tue Jan 29 22:03:57 CET 2002

I read:

> I know that MSWindows is rather like a sieve when considering
> security - although I suspect much of the viral attacks are
> directed at MS products specifically for polital or other reasons.

oh come on, think a second time about it, it's _not_ political reasons,
that's like saying unices have a steeper learning curve because m$ wants
it to be that way ;)

the reason why those weird worm writers choose outlock users as their target
audience is primarily that the monoculture of loads of outlucks + lots of
cluesless users make their 'product' spread fast as lightning.

consider writing a worm targeting procmail or even worse elm how far do
you think that one would get ...

it's like

hi how are you!
here are some pictures of my last holydays.
you find this little tgz archive attached, could you do a
./configure && make && su -c make install
?

scnr

x&d13b

--