Spectral envelope drawing [was: [PD] graph on parent]

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 31 00:00:10 CET 2002

It's not the same approach, but there's a simple spectral-envelope-drawing
example in

http://man104nfs.ucsd.edu/~mpuckett/172.01s/week1/

in 02_draw_spectrum.pd and the abstraction osc-voice.pd ...  I'll
think about cleaning it up to stick in the example patches.

Another possible approach is to use the envelope as a filter; rfft~ any
signal, multiply right and left outputs by the "tabreceive", recombine
via rifft~.

I don't think that directly synthesizing from the desired FFT spectrum
will work very well, but you could try it by just sticking the tabreceive~
straight into the left-side input of the rifft~...

cheers
Miller