[PD] multi-channel IO - the scoop?

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Jan 31 16:12:43 CET 2002

Søren Bovbjerg schrieb:

> I have a feeling though that Windows-PD is
> compiled for two channel I/O only (perhaps 4 but I am sure that someone will
> set me straigh on this).

I used pd (0.34 I think) with 4 channels under WinNT (using two
different
soundcards!). The -outchannels 4 setting works and makes pd open the
device
specified with "-soundoutdev n" and additionaly device n+1. My only
problem was
that I wanted to open n and n+2 which does not work. Changing the order
of
devices in the control pannel can help...
Btw. what's about "-soundoutdev 1,3", I think this is already possible
with midi
devices unter linux. This would help to use exactly the devices one
wants to
use.

Olaf

PS: my font-size-8-crash on w2k is fixed in 0.35-test8, thanks....