[PD] Trouble loading PD under Linux

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Fri Feb 1 08:23:39 CET 2002

Thanks everyone for the help . PD now runs when I use -noadc -nodac, it
also runs with just -nodac , it also runs with -noadc and I get sound,
BUT not if I use both audio input and output. Puzzling ! So is the next
step to install the Alsa drivers? How can I check to see what audio
drivers my RH7.2 is currently using? Oh ya and duhh I was starting PD
outside of  and X window.  Chris was asking why I'm changing to Linux
for PD from Windows. I expect I'll get better performance and stability
under Linux. Also it appears that things come out here first in Linux
and eventually in windows.
Jim