[PD] [announce] shoutamp~

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 14:03:18 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 00:40:36 +0100, Yves Degoyon wrote:

>> i experienced some stability issues with shoutamp~. pd often crashes
>> when opening a stream. sometimes it crashes after a while (minutes or
>> some 10 minutes).
>
>more about circumstances ??? i don't experience this on a LAN.
>i guess it's an input shortage.

i've tested it with remote streams, but we have a good connection to
the outside world (> 100mbits). it crashed with all kinds of streams,
sometimes right after connecting, sometimes after some hours. i could
send you the patch (it's mixing several streams together and
rebroadcasts with shoutcast)

>> also shoutamp~ doesn't play low bitrate streams.
>
>how low are they ?? did not test all of them.

i could not test it now, but i think 24kbps and below.

>> i'm very new to pd: is it possible to automatically resample shoutamp~
>> output to 44100 khz (or another fixed sample rate), if i don't know the
>> sample rate of the incoming stream?
>>

>no, resampling is not supported [yet].

So it's not possible to mix a 16khz stream with 44.1khz audio?

Smoerk