[PD] at the cross-roads

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Feb 10 17:23:22 CET 2002

hi
with send~/receive~ the delay of one signalblock only appears if you have
recursive loops, where the receive~ object is in the line of dsp-computing
at an earlier point as the send~ object
otherwise the signal is received without delay. (as far as i remember the
pd-manual)
marius.

> I don't know too much about the internals of pd, but as i heard, in Max
the
> advantage of the in~/out~- over to the send~/receive~-approach is, that it
> doesn't introduce the 1 signal vector delay then. I guess this delay also
> occurs in pd, so, in this sense, i would rather back the
in~/out~-approach.