[PD] rabin~

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Feb 11 12:39:27 CET 2002

hi all,

if anybody would like to look at what could be a simple way (option
a) in my Saturday's post) to make a polyphonic instrument class,
there is a prerelease (or better: a barely working prototype) of
rabin~ external at suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/rabin.html

Coding this one had been very simple, thanks to the cleaner api of
pd-0.35-test8.  So simple, that I wonder if I have not missed any
serious trouble spots.  If not, and if Pd api does not change soon,
then I will attempt the proper design (but again, no promises!).
What this could be?  Do we really need (numbered!) in/outs as in
poly~, instead of regular inlets/outlets?  Is thispoly~ the right
mechanism to choose?

The rabin~ (this name is reserved only for the current restricted,
remote controlled, and very rough prototype) will not work with
earlier versions of Pd, and there is no .dll.  The only example,
rabin-test.pd, uses xeq library (to show how to connect the two),
but works also without xeq installed, with just a [notein] as
a source of notes.

Krzysztof