[PD] USB MIDISPORT 2x2 works with PD under Linux

mailing_list_profile mailing-l at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 12 14:07:31 CET 2002

on 2/12/02 8:25 PM, kurt at starbot.be at kurt at starbot.be wrote:

> I have the 'midiman USB midisport 2x2' working with pd on Win 2000.
> Start up pd with '-listdev' which should show you all the midi inputs and
> outputs (connected devices + virtual midi ports) available on your system to
> pd.
> Next time you start pd use '-midiindev #', with '#' being the number of the
> device you want to use.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have the MIDIMAN working under Win2k
also. I'm wondering if it will still work under windows if I alter the
firmware as required for the Linux USB driver mentioned in Jim's post. Can
anyone advise me on this?

Thanks

Bill

> I receive notes, controlers,.....
> But I'm connected with a midi network (1 master), on which there is a midi
> clock running, and I cant get the midi-sync in pd (bpm, start-stop, ...)
>
> ----> any ideas on this ?

I thought I'd let people know that I got the MidiSport 2x2 working with
PD under Linux. MIDIMAN doesn't supply Linux drivers for this device
however  Bill Orcutt (Thanks Bill) suggested trying the ones  here:

>http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html

You must also download firmware to the device which you can get here:

http://ezusb2131.sourceforge.net/

Jim