[PD] USB MIDISPORT 2x2 works with PD under Linux

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Wed Feb 13 05:31:03 CET 2002

>Thanks for the update.  The question is-- are you still able to use the
>MIDIMAN w/ windows (assuming you ever did)?

I haven't tried it under Windows since I loaded it under Linux but there
shouldn't be any problem as the driver is downloaded to the MidiSport
every time it is fired up. The driver is held in RAM on the MidiSport
not ROM or EEPROM. I wrote a script for Linux to download the firmware
via the USB port when I want to use MIDI. If you are nervous about it
let me know and I'll boot up PD in XP and give it a try.
Jim