[PD] [announce] Max-PD C++ compatibility layer v 0.1 / xsampl e objects v0.2

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 09:35:13 CET 2002

am 13.02.2002 1:05 Uhr schrieb IOhannes m zmoelnig unter
zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at:

> smoerk wrote:
>>
>> the comments in the files say it's his work:
>>

> and it does say, it uses large parts of code from GEM:
> <quote>
> This package uses a lot of code from GEM by Mark Danks and also some
> snippets from the PD distribution by Miller Puckette.
>
> See the license texts below:
> </quote>

Hi list,
honestly, i simply chose the GPL because Mark Danks did it and because i
didn't want to spend much time dealing with that legal stuff.
As i see it (and read it in the gpl.txt file), the GPL grants you the
freedom to do with the code what you want, and also change and redistribute
it as long as you state what the sources are and as long as you make the
source code available to the public again.
This is just my intention: as i learned a lot of things out of the open
sources from pd, GEM and other packages, other people should be given that
opportunity as well. If there is any further problem please let me know.
Please also tell me if there is any problem with the name "max-pd" (i didn't
ask David Zicarelli yet....)

and.... bug reports please! (max-pd and xsample)

greetings,
Thomas