[PD] Pd 0.35 test 10 for linux and Windows

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Feb 19 12:10:20 CET 2002

hi Miller,

I find the ``x->te_pd->c_wb != &text_widgetbehavior'' condition for
`show-on-parent' property a little confusing.  It is hard coded in
text_shouldvis().

Is showing subcanvas object boxes on parent intended?  I mean the
case of:  main canvas -> its subcanvas (graph-on-parent on) ->
sub-subcanvas (graph-on-parent off).  The sub-subcanvas is visible
as an object box inside the graph shown on the main canvas.

Likewise, _any_ class with its own widgetbehaviour?  On the other
hand, object boxes of any class with standard widgetbehaviour are
_not_ shown on parent, yet they remain active (e.g. if the class
happens to have a click method).

Maybe a more flexible way would be to use a flag settable in
<class>_setup() routine?

Krzysztof

Btw. I wonder if line 920 in pd.tk should not be commented out:
``.controls.switches.meterbutton configure -text $key''?