[PD] Compiling PD externals

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Feb 26 16:55:13 CET 2002

> John Fentiman wrote:
>
> I've got hold of zexy.dsw but still can't seem to get helloworld to
> compile.  Am I being really stupid here??!!!  I deleted all the source
> files and zexy.h.  Helloworld compiles but when you try to compile the
> whole thing it just brings up the following:
>

> --------------------Configuration: zexy - Win32
> Release--------------------
> Linking...
> LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol zexy_setup
> zexy.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
> LINK : fatal error LNK1141: failure during build of exports file
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> zexy.dll - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
> What am I missing out here?  It's driving me crazy.  All I want to do
> is write simple externals.  Is it always this hard?
no, you just have to make it work one time...

go to project->properties (i think, it's called like this)
step through all of the pages you find there, read them carefully and
learn what they want you to teach.
remove all traces of zexy and replace them by helloworld (or whatever)
especially(!) when it comes to the export-function zexy_setup

you should not create a library zexy.dll but helloworld.dll
you have to export *_setup() -function where * is your library-name
*.dll

mfg.csd.aer
IOhannes