[PD] Alsa 0.9.0beta12 w/Pd-0.35-test11 [SOLVED]

Darwin Marcus Johnson schwaahed at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 07:45:15 CET 2002

On Monday 04 March 2002 07:02 pm, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Ben Saylor hat gesagt: // Ben Saylor wrote:
> > Looks like the alsa #include lines need to be changed, but I did
> >
> > rm /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h
> > ln -s /usr/include/alsa/asoundlib.h /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h
>
> Of course this works, but I think it's better to reflect the change in the
> applications.
>
> The cleanest thing would be another autoconf-iguration that decides in
> advance, where the alsa headers are. But as they will stay in
> /usr/include/alsa now, I think it would be appropriate to edit s_linux.c
> and replace sys/asoundlib.h with alsa/asoundlib.h
>
> It's only this location, where this little edit is necessary in PD. With
> other software it might be more complicated, and that's where your approach
> would save time.
>
> bye,
Thanks for both of your comments, I ended up doing a little sed to make it
work. Command sequence below.

-Thanks again!
Darwin

tar -xvzf pd-0.35-test11.linux.tar.gz &&
cd pd-0.35-test11/src &&
sed -e 's/sys\/asoundlib.h/alsa\/asoundlib.h/' s_linux.c >s_linux.c.tmp &&
mv s_linux.c.tmp s_linux.c &&
./configure --enable-alsa &&
#make depend &&
make &&