[PD] flags newbie question

Simon Laroche larochesimon at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 19:46:11 CET 2002

Hi all,

I've been working with pd for a month now and been reading the list msgs for
some time too. I run pd on WinXP and work on video with GEM with a Nvidia
Gforce2 and it is so smooth, I haven't encountered any problems at all.

My problem is that i'm trying to use flags. For example, to use "-listdev",
I must use it on startup and put it in my shortcut. But when
I try to msg pd with listdev, like when I use the testtone patch with:

;
pd audiostatus

pd gives me a "unkown message" error. How can I send a -listdev message to
pd or use other flags? The

;
pd restart-audio

from the testtone.pd patch doesn't work either...

Thanks,

Simon

I know it's a simple question but I couldn't find any information about that
on the list or in the doc....