[PD] pd externs and linux

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sat Mar 9 11:30:36 CET 2002

Mark Khemma hat gesagt: // Mark Khemma wrote:

> this is gonna sound like a dumb question but, is there an appropriate
> place for me to  put gem pd's/pd_linux  and motex pd's in linux?
> do i hav to put anything in /usr/bin?

No, don't put anything besides pd, pdsend and pdreceive in /usr/bin
The two 'official' places are /usr/lib/pd/externs and /usr/lib/pd/extra,

[if someone could explain the difference, I'd like to know why there are
two standard directories in the PD distribution.]

But you can also put them in any directory, that you have in you
"pd-path", i.e. all directories after the "-dir" command line of conf. file
option of PD.

The PD path has nothing to do with the standard search patch for executable
binaries i.e. the environment variable PATH that you see with "echo $PATH"

ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______