[PD][proposal] pd externs/extra/abs policy

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue Mar 12 16:16:45 CET 2002

Hi,

for Windows (maybe it works for Linux too) I could imagine using an
environment
variable, e.g. PD_EXTRA (like "VST_PATH" which is used for VST
Plug-Ins). There
could be batch files included with externals that add the correct path
to the
list (or it could be done manually by the user). The command would be
something
like:

"set PD_EXTRA=c:\pd\etxra;c:\pdogg~;c:\path\to\other\externals"

This could also be implemented for help patches...

Olaf