[PD] ASIO support (fwd)

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Thu Mar 14 01:17:09 CET 2002

Hi

To get it working at 96kHz (which I absolutely need to run my sonar, more
on this project next week), I need a little trick. If I start pd normally
at 96kHz, it crashes. If I play a 96kHz wav-file in another program while
I start pd it works fine. The hammerfall dsp multiface asio driver offers
14 input-output channels at 88.2/96kHz and 18 input-output channels at
44.1/48 kHz. This is because of SMUX on the ADAT channels. This difference
seems to confuse the asio-code in pd/portaudio. It reports 18 i/o channels
if I start pd -asio -r 96000 without playing a 96kHz wave.

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, sme wrote:

> brave man!
> i look forward to try this out!
> sme.

Sorry, I can't compile a version for each combination of number of
channels and asio-driver number...

Johannes