[PD] multichannel under win2k

nonsenso nonsenso at planet.it
Thu Mar 14 09:22:52 CET 2002

Hallo
I have two audio cards:
- SBLive
- Darla20bit
both working fine under win2k

pd -listdev returned:
MIDI input device #1: SB Live! MIDI UART
MIDI output device #1: SB Live! MIDI Synth
MIDI output device #2: SB Live! MIDI UART
MIDI output device #3: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
audio input device #1: SB Live! Wave Device
audio input device #2: Darla20 1/2 Analog
audio output device #1: SB Live! Wave Device
audio output device #2: Darla20 1/2 Analog
audio output device #3: Darla20 3/4 Analog
audio output device #4: Darla20 5/6 Analog
audio output device #5: Darla20 7/8 Analog

I have to prepare an installation and
I'd like to use all the 8 outchannels
triggering samples via midi

I have some problems:
- up to 4 outchannels i can launch pd but i can listen
only the first two channels (to test I'm using a touched
version of the "test audio and midi" patch, with
"dac~ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" for the output)
- over 4 outchannels it returnes several times a
"resyncing audio" message than it tells me this
"audio I/O stuck... closing audio"
- tried the resync option but it's just ignored, pd
respond with the usage text
- tried to take a look to the src code (i just started
studying all programming related stuff so I'm really
a newbie), but after some searching i found this code
into s_main.c

#ifdef NT
     /* resynchronization is on by default for mulltichannel, otherwise
     off. */
    if (resync == -1)
 resync =  (inchannels > 2 || outchannels > 2);
    if (!resync)
     nt_noresync();

this make me think that really there's no -noresync option to call
cause.. correct me if i'm wrong... it doesn't even get parsed

-finally
is there a way to get multichannel working under win?
if there is a way, is there someone that can give me any help?

p.s.
i think i'll need some time to understand some issues
but it's there a way to achieve my result also by recompiling...
if there is, is there a way to compile with borland free commandline
compiler. I don't have VC++ and actually I don't know where
to catch it.

Thanks in advance for any help
just ask me if some other info is needed
Francesco