[PD] dynamically determind real latency?

sme marius.schebella at chello.at
Thu Mar 21 08:31:35 CET 2002

hi
to understand you right, are you talking about realtime audio processing or
Real Audio-playback of a RealPlayer?
to test latency of Pd you probably will want to know also the latency of the
soundcard, which is "before and behind" pd. you can use a stereo signal (of
a dat-player or minidisc...) from outside the computer and split one channel
directly to the dat´s inlet and send the other through your computer. the
time difference of the two signals gives you the latency.
"synchronisation" would be another problem ...
sme.