[PD] Pd 0.35 test 15 for windows, linux, Mac OSX

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sun Mar 24 12:05:28 CET 2002

Hi,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I've fixed a couple of bugs (notably openpanel) and improved audio
> support for OSX and (I hope) also for ASIO in MS Windows.  For either
> platform, you should be able to specify "-inchannels" "-outchannels",
> "-soundindev", "-soundoutdev", and "-audiobuf" flags meaningfully.
>
> I think you have to specify the "in" and "out" flags to have the same
> value for either of these two platforms.  Later I'll supply simpler-to-use
> "-channels" and "-sounddev" flags.
>
> I still can't actually run ASIO myself, so I'm only hoping Pd will work with
> it.  As always, you feedback is welcome!

Am I correct, that PD uses PortAudio for ASIO and Mac? I wonder, if it
would be possible, or hard, to use PortAudio in PD for Linux. Then, if
someone in the jackit team would come around to add Jack (or ALSA) support
to PortAudio it looks like a clean solution to integrate Jack via PortAudio
into PD (and into a lot of other apps), instead of the current patch.

Of course currently neither Jack nor ALSA is supported in PortAudio, afaik,
so this is not an urgent issue, but just me thinking too loud ;)

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______