[PD] Assigning netreceive port #s dynamically

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Mar 27 20:07:45 CET 2002

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am trying to write a patch that dynamically assigns [netreceive] port
> numbers but I can't think of anyway to get the dynamically generated
> port# to be a creation message so that I can use [netreceive $1].
>
> Any suggestions would be very helpful,
>
> .hc

hi

to be honest, i do not really understand what you want.
1. currently there is no possibility to change the port# dynamically.
i do not really know why (well, of course, it might leave a
non-functioning patch, when trying to assign a port# already in use)

2. you can use [netreceive $1]
however, this is not very dynamically

3. you can generate a patch with a fixed port#.
i've attached an example that i often use

mfg.cas.er
IOhannes