AW: [PD] GUI objects via flext

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Apr 1 20:31:12 CEST 2002

Hi Yves,
that _was_ a fast reply.

I'm no GUI expert at all, but as i understand it, Max provides a t_box
object which describes a portion of the patcher and provides some functions
to control it (resize, locking, etc.).
I guess that it is similar in pd, is it?
See the "Writing Max/MSP Externals.pdf" by David Zicarelli... should be
somewhere on the cycling74 website.

I think, the duty of flext would be just to provide that handle to the
object's box (along with some means to control it) and let the user use
whatever GUI generating interface he likes (if portable or not).

greetings,
Thomas