[PD] auto connect/disconnect netsend/receive

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Wed Apr 3 01:59:39 CEST 2002

Hello Joreg,

I've only done one app using netreceive (except the connection was
from a tcl script) anyhow I found that when one of the machines crash
it takes the port with it, for the machines to reconnect they seem to
need another (new) port (or both reboot once one crashes).

good luck.
Ben

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Joreg Diessl wrote:

> dir list.
>
> i noticed that the outlet for the connected-status of the
> netsend/receive objects is not always correct. when i netsend/receive
> between two machines and one of them crashes, the status doesn't
> update.
>
> i'd like two machines to reestablish their tcp-connection
> automatically when one of them had to reboot.
>
> any solutions for that?
> joreg.

B. Bogart
---------