[PD] windoze vs linux

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Wed Apr 3 19:08:24 CEST 2002

hi

a little general question for change :)

what are the "biggest" (performance) differences using PD on windoze or linux
i'm (at the moment) mostly interest on audio analyzing and visual creating (GEM)

PD is coded on linux and then ported to win, right?

i will be still using PD on windose because of framestein...
but when i get PD running on linux i think i will be using PD more on linux as windose... (BIG "HUG!?"  to network communication :)

btw. what are the minimum linux requirments for PD, thinking 4 (future) installations...
(any1 making a PD "optimized" linux distribution :)

i'm installing redhat for starters, any know problems with PD+GEM ?

well, i'm a newbie 2 linux. but thats no problem, i'm a "computer freak" :)
i've installed redhat 2times succesfully but because of my (old) HD-controller couldnt boot it... so on to a new luck with my new hardware...
(btw, any good links about linux, like "linux in a nutshell", but i hate 2 read too much uninformatical blaa blaa)

sorry that i'm asking so much "simple" questions here and preventing you(all) from developing PD...
but me love PD sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mutz :)

-andre