[PD] templates, data, scalars etc.

Mark Khemma mkhemma at orion.it.luc.edu
Wed Apr 3 19:38:54 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> 3. In addition I couldn't find any documentation about the "show on
>    parent" feature of canvases. Is there anything documented
>    somewhere?

i'm not too sure this is what you are looking for but there is some
information about canvases in the doc/5.reference section, something along
the lines of "mycanveses.pd" or some phrase with the word "canvas" in it,
but it demonstrates thaat you can get the x and y coordinates of canvase
objects which are, i think, children of the parent window. is that what it
means to "show on parent"? got me, but that feature of getting x,y
coordinates of canvases is realy cool. is there a way to for you to get
that information dynamically, in the sense that you don't have to use
the metro object to bang the coordinates out? i figure not, but i'm just
curious.
-mark .k