[PD] ADSR question?

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Fri Apr 5 03:21:58 CEST 2002

Hello,

When opening patches/canvases which use ADSR, I get an error message stating
that PD "couldn't create" adsr.dll/pd

?

I can see the PD looks through folders in order for "adsr.dll" and when it
doesn't find it, it begins looking for "adsr.pd".  Ultimately however,
neither of those files are found (UNLESS I open adsr.pd in the
"doc/reference" folder.  (Then PD finds the file just fine!)

My questions are these:
1.  Is there and should I have a file called "adsr.dll" and if so, where can
I get it and which folder should I place it?

2.  Is there and should I have a file called "adsr.pd" and if so, which in
which folder should I place it?  (Note: I already have "adsr.pd" but PD
cannot locate this file if I open a canvas which is NOT in the
"doc/reference/" folder.)

Many thanks...
Dave S

p.s.:  I'm using WinXP with PD 0.35 preliminary test 17
p.s.s.:  This problem is NOT unique to preliminary test 17 - I remember
having this difficulty since preliminary test 11 - and perhaps earlier but I
don't recall using adsr before that time.