[PD] ADSR question?

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 5 08:55:38 CEST 2002

David Sabine hat gesagt: // David Sabine wrote:

> 2.  Is there and should I have a file called "adsr.pd" and if so, which in
> which folder should I place it?  (Note: I already have "adsr.pd" but PD
> cannot locate this file if I open a canvas which is NOT in the
> "doc/reference/" folder.)

That last one is the expected behaviour. In Miller's help-patches, I think
he is always refering to his adsr.pd file. This gets found if it is in the
same directory as the patch you're using, or in a directory in PD's path,
set with startup option "-path".

So if the adsr.pd is not found, this is probably a mistake in the
organisation of patches or you have a "-path" missing, that was expected by
the patch author.

I can't check for test17, as I have only test16 here yet, but in this
the adsr patch is only used in these patches in doc/3.audio.examples/:

3.audio.examples/adsr.pd

3.audio.examples/38.envelope.dB.pd
3.audio.examples/adsr2.pd
3.audio.examples/37.adsr.pd
3.audio.examples/40.envelope.pitch.pd
3.audio.examples/54.delay.loop.pd
3.audio.examples/39.envelope.slew.pd
3.audio.examples/57.delay.reverb.pd
3.audio.examples/70.vibrato.pd
3.audio.examples/71.adsr.sequenced.pd
3.audio.examples/42.PART6.analog.sequencer.pd
3.audio.examples/69.more.adsr.pd

Maybe in test17 it is used elsewhere as well. Just copy it.

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______