[PD] Pd 0.35 test 17 released...

Michael Iber music at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 5 13:59:34 CEST 2002

>Yes, I'm using 8 channels currently.
>I changed (in s_portaudio.c)
>     #define NCHANNELS 2
>in
>     #define NCHANNELS 8

I tried to do this for my tascam 428 with 4 in- and 2 out-channels (which
are correctly recognized by paAsio_QueryDeviceInfo) with NCHANNELS 4 and
even 6, but PD hangs after recognizing the possible SampleRates. Do you
have any ideas about further modifacations to get the 4 ins running? (I
tried defining 4 outchannels too)

>and start pd with
>
>     pd -asio -inchannels 10 -outchannels 8
>
>Yes, that's 2 input channels more than I want, but PD reports
>
>] not using MIDI input (use 'pd -midiindev 1' to override)
>] in 8 out 8 rate 96000
>] using default device number: 1
>] nchan 8, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256
>
>... 2 input channels less than requested.

I noticed that too.

Thanks and regards,
Michael