[PD] GUI for PD

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Apr 8 19:18:27 CEST 2002

Marcus Flanagan wrote:
> Hello,
>   Could anyone suggest how I could make this patch of mine a bit more
> pretty...what sort of a GUI could I put on it if any?
>   How can I add colours?

use toggles [tgl] (and canvases and all the pretty things from iemgui)
toggles toggle between two states, one of which is always zero, the
other can be assigned any number.
you can change the "on"-state by sending a float (other than 0) into the
toggle.

put all the sub-patches into another subpatch and connect the inlets to
the toggles via send/receive (all iem-gui objects have send/receive
built in, so there will be no ugly cords)

btw: use send/receive inside your patches instead of connecting objects
via hundred of lines (yes, i know, it looks beautiful)

connect the numberboxes inside your subpatches to the last outlet of the
[route on off] rather than directly to the [inlet]. you will get fewer
error-messages.....

mfg.casd.r
IOhannes