WG: [PD] fft algorithms

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Apr 10 15:02:12 CEST 2002

hi Thomas,

it looks like your 2nd requirement is met for rfftw:

``FFTW's one-dimensional real transforms store hermitian arrays as
"halfcomplex" arrays. A halfcomplex array of size n is a
one-dimensional array of n `fftw_real' numbers. A hermitian array
X in stored into a halfcomplex array Y as follows. For all
integers i such that 0 <= i <= n / 2, we have Y[i] = Re(X[i]). For
all integers i such that 0 < i < n / 2, we have Y[n-i] =
Im(X[i]).''

The actual `real2hc' codelets use separate real and imag arrays.

Krzysztof