Fw: [PD] Pd and Gem, some questions regarding performance

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 10 20:31:14 CEST 2002

Hi all,

Netsend can block, but I don't think netreceive does.  Netsend's behavior
seems OK on linux, W2K, or NT; I don't know about XP.

One hint would be to use the IP address and not the domain name when making
connections (or, if you can figure out how to do it, hardwire the host
names to teh IP addresses) so that your machine won't try to contact a
name server as part of "connect".

I do want to make a threaded version of netsend someday, but I'm trying not
to add things to 0.35 (just fixing bugs.)

cheers
Miller