OSC (sendOSC, dumpOSC, OSCroute) ported to win32

Bob Falesch raf at interaccess.com
Thu Apr 11 06:01:48 CEST 2002

i'm using udp over the standard tcp/ip stacks in the mac (open transport
2.02) and winsock2 under win2k. yes, cxc started from the cnmat OSC-kit.

my "small" packet is a message of 20 bytes, the "large" is 58 bytes, and
i used something like "/abcedfg/ /hijklmno/ ..." etc to force a kind of
string literal message so that i'd see on the receiving end exactly what
was staged in the transmit side (not having studied the protocol i'm
really not sure my messages had as meaningful an effect on the resultant
packets as i'd hoped). anyway, with the "small" i got up to about 2480
messages/sec, and with the large i got about 2180 messages/sec. i did
not use the OSC "message bundling" mechanism in these tests and my
buffers on the client-side were small and numerous (60 @ 128 bytes per),
so this wasn't a rigorous attempt at maximum efficiency.  also note that
i disabled time/type tags on the sender (the mac) as cxc's pd port
doesn't yet cross that bridge.  i hope that's helpful,
  *