[PD] map map map...

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Apr 11 09:18:42 CEST 2002

hi,

being constantly informed about (ignored) unmapping may get quite
annoying (esp. when in need to frequently switch between virtual
desktops).  I think either line 831 in u_main.tk (test17), reading

     bind $name.c <Unmap> {puts stderr map}

should be commented out, or replaced with something like

     bind $name.c <Unmap> {pdtk_canvas_map %W ""}

(I have not made any research, though, which way is better, and how
the replacement behaves outside of linux...:)

Krzysztof

btw, there is, at least in my setup, another hostile pd.tk line, 834:

     after 1 [concat raise $name]

but this one hurts (that is: takes ages to complete) only if running
Gnome... wonder if nobody runs Pd under Gnome?