[PD] pd-35test17 and audio in and latency?

sme marius.schebella at chello.at
Sat Apr 13 18:48:43 CEST 2002

hi
with and without asio, pd (w2konly?) "forgets" 2 channels. if i
have -inchannels 4 and -outchannels 2 i can use 2 in and 2 out, and they
are working.
but still, latency is longer than portaudio prints out. i measured
|dirac~| --> |dac~| --> cable connection to the inlet of the pc -->
|adc~| --> |table1|
against
|dirac~| --> |table2|
and the difference of the two signals was about 1530 samples. is this
the normal value, ... thats what my pd-startup-message says:

nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 4, framesperbuf 256
[...]
PortAudio : minSize = 128
PortAudio : preferredSize = 128
PortAudio : maxSize = 128
PortAudio : granularity = 0
PortAudio : User buffer size = 256
PortAudio : ASIO buffer size = 128
PortAudio : Minimum BufferOffset for Input = 128
PortAudio : ASIOCreateBuffers with size = 128
PortAudio : InputLatency = 128 latency = 2 msec
PortAudio : OuputLatency = 128 latency = 2 msec

marius.