[PD] [ANNOUNCE] second try: shabby~

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sun Apr 14 16:49:36 CEST 2002

Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> > > shabby~ - waveshaping PD external, probably running on Max, too
> >
> > shabby~ has some shabby bugs. Thanks to a lot of tips by Thomas Grill
> > I'm working on that, but it will take until at least tomorrow, so unless
> > you want to go bug hunting with me, don't donwload yet.
> >

> Well, take your time but hurry up :-)

okay, you got me: I rewrote shabby~ a bit, now it has the first 11 Chebychev
polynoms hardcoded, this is a lot faster than my previous elegant but slow
recursive solution. Now shabby~ also always has 12 signal inlets, no
argument needed, except a "---------------" to be able to see all the inlets ;)

I'm working on shabby~'s brother called shaffy~ who uses float inlets
instead. That again should save some CPU cycles, but I'm still having some
problems with understanding how flext gets at the float values, or:
I can't get my code to run...

Although I have these problems I am very happy to use flext. First Thomas
is a great help, and second is: The external code looks so much cleaner
than pure C externals... This standard external stuff with all its setup,
dsp, callback and what not functions now is neatly capsuled in one class.
Setting things up and registering callbacks is done in the constructor, and
the dsp-function is simply a member function of that class.  Basically one
only has to write a simple constructor with things like: "AddInSignal(2);
AddOutSignal()" and the dsp-function. Nice.

You can get shabby-0.1 at:
http://footils.radio-worldwi.de/shabby-0.1.tgz

Ciao,
--