[PD] (OT) Mac OSX

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 15 05:27:57 CEST 2002

Hi nn.

Pd 0.35 test  17 runs on Mac OSX, with some problems I'm still working out.
I'll offer it specially to you with a 50% discount  :)

I helped some people install it last Friday on their machines and found out
that it's a bit complicated to get it to work. I'll take this occasion to
write down what I found... I'll be trying to improve the situation in the
near future.

To get it to run, you must download and install TK for OSX
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/) specifically in
/Applications/Wish Shell.app
and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework and /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework.

You must also get the "h" files from XFree86 and put them in
/usr/X11R6/include.  You can download just the H files from:

http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/x.tgz

(the individual files seem to have adequate copyright notices so that
I can just distribute them this way.)

Then, just as for linux, just unload pd-whatever.tar.gz into a directory
such as ~/pd-0.35-test17 , cd to pd-0.35-test17/src, type "./configure"
and "make".

then type ~/pd-0.35-test17/bin/pd to a shell and enjoy!

No MIDI support yet.  MIDI is stupid but I swear I'll support it anyway.

cheers
Miller