[PD][announce] new objects: maxlib

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Apr 15 14:55:29 CEST 2002

Hi,
Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> this is great.  But it reminds me, all the more acutely, of an abandoned
> `pd-lib' project still hosted at sourceforge.  Actually, coding of the
> `match' object class was started by Joseph Sarlo, but there is neither
> Borax, nor speedlim in pd-lib.
>
> I am sure there are more such clones somewhere on people's disks --
> maybe it is time to revive pd-lib?  Maybe under a new name and outside
> of sourceforge?

I think, this is a great idea. The focus of pd-lib is beyond simply
cloning Max objects like the webpage says (pd-lib.sf.net):

"This project aims to create a standard library of objects for the
audio signal-processing" in PD, Max compatibility was just the start.
I think it is a pity that pd-lib obviously isn't maintained anymore,
but with a group effort, I'm sure, we could revive it.

Who owns this sourceforge page anyways? Is it Karl McMillian, and is
he still listening here? Hi, Karl? I don't think, the sourceforge page
is a bad place.

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __