[PD] Call for Unified Libraries

Joschi joschi at eds.org
Mon Apr 15 19:03:04 CEST 2002

This is a good idea, anything to ease the installation of a good PD
system for the end user is great.  I do think that the challenge of this
is that it is going to take a committed team to keep up with all the
parrallel development that goes on in the pd community over a long
period of time.  There is no point in starting such a project unless you
are willing to spend 5-10 hours a week for the next 2 years at least.
There are many people working on externals in their own bubble, at their
own schedule, and I don't think that is going to change, so what it is
going to take is a committed group of people who want to invest serious
time into bundling up all this exciting work into an easy to install
form.